Christmas is a time of celebration. And, of course, a celebration will not be complete without delicious food… and ice cream! The latter is perfect whether you want a festive treat or a dessert that’s easy to prepare. And the best thing is that you have a lot of options when it comes to flavors and presentation.
This article will help you prepare the most fun and delicious Christmas ice cream as a dessert for the holidays. We will give you great ideas on what flavors to prepare, what toppings to add, how to make a spread, and even some recipes you can easily follow.
Of course, Ice Cream Catering by Cold Stone also offers some of the best options however we know some of you love to DIY on the holidays, so here’s your top tips for Christmas Ice Cream.
Best Christmas Ice Cream Ideas for the Holidays
For the holidays, don’t settle for the plain vanilla flavor. Instead, try exploring new and unique flavors within the Christmas theme. Gingerbreads, eggnogs, peppermint – anyone?
- Eggnog ice cream flavor. Nothing says holiday flavor more than eggnogs. This recipe is straightforward to make and needs just a few ingredients that you might already have in your pantry.
- Peppermint bark ice cream flavor. An ice cream recipe highlighting the use of a classic holiday candy? Yes, please. You only need chocolate ice cream, white chocolate chips, and peppermint candies.
- Gingerbread ice cream flavor. This recipe has step-by-step instructions on how to make this decadent dessert. Think about eating gingerbread cookies but in ice cream form. With the addition of spices and molasses, this ice cream dessert will surely be a hit.
- Torrone ice cream flavor. This recipe is excellent if you have more time to prepare your Christmas ice cream. It tastes like the nougat ice cream you can buy from your favorite ice cream parlor.
- Oreo ice cream flavor. Another ice cream recipe you can easily make at home uses simple ingredients usually available in your kitchen or pantry. This one also doesn’t need machines!
Christmas Ice Cream Toppings
Take your Christmas ice cream to the next level by adding toppings. There are endless possibilities for designs, shapes, colors, and even sizes for ice cream toppings. Here are some of the best ones for your holiday dessert spread:
- Chocolate chips – regular size and minis
- Chopped nuts – almonds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts, etc
- Whipped cream
- Sprinkles – holiday-themed and Christmas colors
- Peppermint candies
- Candy canes
- Sugar cookies, butter cookies, and vanilla wafers
Homemade Christmas Ice Cream Tips
Making your own Christmas ice cream is easier than you think. Many simple and easy-to-follow recipes are available online, and most ingredients are already available in most pantries. And here are some tips on how to make the best ice cream from the comfort of your home:
- Always use high-quality ingredients.
- Make sure that your ingredients are cold.
- The most delicious ice cream flavors use full-fat ingredients. Keep that in mind.
- Use bite-size pieces if you are using mix-ins.
- Measure and use the correct amount of ingredients called for in the recipe. Ice cream is like baking – which needs exact measurements for the perfect results.
Christmas Ice Cream Supplies You’ll Need
Aside from the ingredients, there are some supplies you’ll need to make your homemade ice cream for the holidays.
- Ice cream maker: for recipes that call for churning, you will need this kitchen machine.
- Mixing bowls: you might need various sizes for mixing your ingredients.
- Containers: this is where you will store your ice cream for freezing.
- Ice cream scoop: a good ice cream scoop will make serving your ice cream easier and fancier.
- Bowls: you can use various sizes and cute designs as serving bowls.
We hope you’ve gotten some ideas on what ice cream flavors to make and serve for the holidays. But if you want to do ice cream at an upcoming holiday party, there’s Ice Cream Catering by Cold Stone. You can choose from our Cold Stone Cooler or Cold Stone Portable Freezer packages.